KOOXL TECHNOLOGIES, LLC
(Last Modified: January 12th, 2022)
This policy applies to information we collect on various Platforms such as:
- On the website (www.kooxl.com) or through web forms on the Platform.
- In verbal, e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Platform.
- Through mobile applications you download from the Apple iPhone App Store, the Google Play App Store, or similar sources of mobile applications, which provide dedicated, non-browser based interaction between you and the Platform.
It does not apply to information collected:
- by us offline or through any other means, including information collected through any other electronic means or on any other website operated by us or any third party; or
- by any other third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Platform.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Platform, including:
- information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your location or company name; and/or
- information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Platform and usage details.
We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, as described below.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Platform. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies, as described below.
We protect this information using industry-standard security measures (see Data Security below).
Information You Provide to Us
The information we may collect on or through our Platform may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Platform. This also includes information provided at the time of requesting information about a product or service.
- Information that you provide when you report a problem with our Platform.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us or communicate through the Platform.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Platform.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Platform, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Platform. We collect information including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and any pages and resources that you access and use on the Platform.
- Information about your mobile and internet connection. We collect information including your IP address, device type, location, operating system and browser type.
- Location Services. Each time you access or use the Driver App, we may collect the precise location of your device when the Driver App is running in the foreground or background. If you label certain locations, such as “home” and “work,” we receive that information, too. Your location information is necessary for Kooxl’s auto-dispatching technology to coordinate fulfillment of all delivery orders placed across our network of Delivery Drivers. Orders are offered to you based on demand and strategic fulfillment algorithms. Delivery Drivers that are not within a reasonable distance from Restaurants may be considered unavailable to receive orders. We also use the location information to track the progress and completion of deliveries. We may also approximate your location from your IP address when you access or use the Platform.
We typically collect the foregoing information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, Flash objects, web beacons, embedded scripts, mobile SDKs, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”), and we may use third party partners or services to assist with this effort. Information we collect automatically about you or your device may be combined with other personal information we collect directly.
We do not use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
We do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. The information helps us to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Platform according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Platform.
- Collect statistical data on website use allowing us to improve our Platform and use the data for marketing purposes.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons.Pages of the Platform and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit KOOXL, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not use any third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) on the Platform. In some cases, where a page on our Platform includes context from social network, such as a Twitter feed, those services may set a cookie even when you do not click a button. We cannot access information collected by those cookies set by social networks, just as social networks cannot access cookies we set ourselves.
Our Platform may include links to other Internet Platforms as a convenience to Platform visitors. KOOXL is not responsible for personal information that you voluntarily disclose to other third parties that you reach through links or otherwise through our Platform, and any such information disclosed will be governed by the privacy policies associated with those Platforms.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Platform and its contents to you.
- To determine your eligibility to use our platform including to ensure the accuracy and validity of the information you have provided as it relates to using our platform.
- To verify your identity
- To provide you with information about the products and services on our Platform.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such information.
- To notify you about changes to our Platform or any products or services we offer or provide though our Platform.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Platform. Including the compensation for your services performed. Setting up direct deposit and banking information.
- To understand how you use and interact with our Platform and the people or things you are interested in on our Platform.
- To evaluate and improve our products and services, and/ or develop new products or services.
- To conduct audit and troubleshooting activities.
- For testing and further developing our technology to enhance the Platform.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our products and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact our Privacy Officer (see Contact Us below for details on how to contact our Privacy Officer). For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To our advisors and to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Platform users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government, court or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of KOOXL, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from KOOXL.If you do not wish to have your contact information used by KOOXL to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by contacting our Privacy Officer (see Contact Us below for details on how to contact our Privacy Officer). If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to KOOXL as a result of a purchase, customer service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Children Under the Age of 13
The content of our Platform is not targeted to or intended for, children under 13 years of age. KOOXL does not market products or services to this age group, and does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Platform or on or through any of its features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact our Privacy Officer (see Contact Us below for details on how to contact our Privacy Officer).
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California, UK and European Union Privacy Rights
The Platform is not designed to be used by residents of California, the United Kingdom and the European Union. If you are such a resident and desire to use our Platform, please contact our Privacy Officer (see Contact US below for details on contacting our Privacy Officer).
We have built our Platform using industry-standard security measures and authentication tools to protect the security of your personal information. For security of transactions, we use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts any personal information you enter into our forms. We also have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, KOOXL cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to our Platform over the Internet, and KOOXL is not liable for the illegal acts of third parties, such as hackers.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Do not share your password with anyone.
Attn: Privacy Officer
KOOXL Technologies, LLC
191 Social Street
Woonsocket, RI 02895